Sunday, September 12, 2010

White Sauce

I really need to clean up the blog, its been a long time, and I guess I'll happily be a passive blogger for another couple of months, with my little baby!
Anyways, just learnt the tips and tricks of making proper white sauce from my mom.

You need
6 cups milk
6 tbsp maida
6 tbsp butter (or less)
Salt
Black pepper
Italian herbs
Grated cheese

Cook the Maida and butter, like sheera, till it gives an aroma, doesn't burn, but the fat kind of starts to separate. Takes around 10 mins
Then, remove from gas, and for the 1st cup of milk, add one spoon at a time and keep mixing, so that no lumps form. Then add the remaining milk slowly, so that no lumps are formed. Return to the gas, bring to a boil and keep stirring. Cook till the desired consistency of thickness.
Finally add the salt, pepper, herbs and cheese! Done. Its yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape