Saturday, September 26, 2009

What to do when your cake flops..

... make some 'Cake & Milk Pudding'















I really wanted to try out Madhuram's Low Fat Vegan Cupcakes.. with vinegar..but I guess I overbaked it.
I used 1/2 the quantities given in the recipe, and probably baked it an extra 5 mintues. I turned really funny and hard.. Some corners were like biscuit..Now what.. I didn't feel like throwing it away.. (Won't reproduce the recipe here, as it flopped!!)

















Then, I got inspired by the several pudding recipes on Priya's Recipe blog.
Made some quick and simple milk pudding
You need:
300 ml milk (I actually used dairy whitener... and water)
4-5 tsp china grass / agar agar powder
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
1-2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp condensed milk (you can do without it also)

Add the condensed milk and sugar to the milk and bring to boil. Stir in the agar agar / chinagrass powder till dissolved. Remove from the fire and add the cocoa powder and mix well..
Let it set in a dish.. Cool and serve.

Now, what I did is, added the edible bite sized pieces to this pudding..





Then, for the inedible hard cake, I ran it in a mixie into a coarse powder.. and layered in on my pudding




And here was a nice dessert ready to celebrate our saree day in office..
-Naina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape