Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prawns in Okhra Gravy South Indian Style(Courtsey:Masterchef Australia)

I have off late been addicted to Masterchef Australia on StarWorld big time.I love the way they make those dishes and also the way they give small tips.
Last week when famous chef Kumar Mahadevan gave this recipe,I really found it interesting.I have not yet tried,but it looks so intesting ,that I thought I should record it somewhere before I forget and share with all of you.

Ingredients:
Oil
Okhra
Prawns
Grated Coconut
Chopped Onion
Chopped Tomato
Mustard,Cumin,Fenugreek and Dhaniya Seeds
Red Chilly powder
Turmeric Powder
Chana Dal Roasted
Curry Leaves

Heat oil in a Pan.Add Mustard,Cumin and Fenugreek.Now add Chopped Onions.Add Dhaniya Powder ,Red Chilly Powder Turmeric and the Okhras (Ladyfingers) with its top chopped.Let tehm Fry well.Once fried ,remove the Okhras.
Now add Tomatoes,Green chilly and Water.Add the Prawns now.Add Curry Leaves and let it Simmer a while.
Separately mix grated coconut and roasted chana dal in a mixer,add water and make a paste and add it to the above.Re add Okhras and Serve hot

(Courtsey:Masterchef Australia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape