Thursday, July 23, 2009

Eggless Milkmaid Cake

Yippee... I decided to try out baking a cake independently for the 1st time.. Searched over google, and found this recipe at Ashwita

Here are some pics, not too good.. took them in a hurry

Some recent pics are here and here





I followed the recipe exactly, but since I'd never baked before, I took 1/4th the quantity. Here's the recipe for the full quantity:
Ingredients:
400g Milkmaid or Sweetened Condensed Milk
200gm Maida
100gm Butter (I used the normal salted butter, though unsalted is better)
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Sodabicarbonate
150 ml Aerated soda OR Sprite OR 7up
½ tsp Vanilla Essence

Method:
Grease the baking dish with butter. Pre heat the oven to 170°C.
Sieve the maida, baking powder and soda bicarbonate (2-3 times for better aeration).
Soften the butter (don't melt). Add the sweetened Condensed Milk to the butter, and beat well. I just mixed it up using my hands, as the quantity was very small. Add the vanilla essence.
Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up.
Pour the batter into the baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the tooth pick / knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove from oven, cool , cut and serve..
Believe me, it looked like cake, and tasted like cake :)


-Naina

2 comments:

  1. No milk, no sugar.. just milkmaid or any brand of sweetened condensed milk .. The recipe works like magic -Naina

    ReplyDelete

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape