Friday, July 24, 2009

Healthy Wheat Cake

Guess what.. I actually managed to complete one task from of my try out list..
I took the wheat cake recipe from Sunitabhuyan (really good site) and used 1/2 the proportions (since I was not sure.. what I'd be like.. )
It actually turned out quite like the pic shows in the recipe I followed..

Here are my pics..



Ingredients (its for full recipe.. I took 1/2 proportions):
1 and 1/2 Cup of whole wheat flour (atta)
5-6 tblsp powdered sugar
2 tsp baking powder
6 tblsp sunflower oil (I used the normal cooking oil.. which doesn't have any aroma)
1tsp vanilla essence
1 Cup water (as much needed for the consistency.. actually)

Procedure (this is what I did as I was in a hurry, I bit different from the original..) -
Pre heat the oven at 170 deg C. Grease a baking dish with oil/butter.
In a bowl, sieve the flour, sugar and baking powder 2-3 times.
Mix together the water, oil and vanilla in another bowl.
Mix into this the flour mixture slowly. I used my hands to mix it well :)
Put the mixture into the baking dish, and smooth the top.
Place the dish in the pre heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or till the edges begin to brown slightly, and the cake passes the toothpick test..
Mine with done in under 10 mins, as it was just half the quantity. The entire thing was done within 1/2 an hr.. I never believed cakes could be so quick..
Everyone of us (the Le-Bouffe team) tasted it today, and it was not bad for low fat wheat cake.. It still tasted like cake :)
Next time I may try it out with milk instead of water, and may be some butter in place of oil..
-Naina

1 comment:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape