Friday, September 18, 2009

Jalpari Takatak

This is from my pre-marital days :) Something from Nita Mehta's recipe book.. Its really yum
Don't have a pic to post though..
Jalpari / Kamalkakdi / Bhee is something typically Sindhi.. and very unique..
You can check out this link at Sindhi Rasoi to see what Bhee looks like..

I don’t have the recipe book with me, but I still remember how I used to make it ..

You need:
To marinate
2 cups boiled and sliced thickly of Bhee
1/4 cup curd
3/4 tsp ajwain
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp tuemeric powder
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Others:
4-5 tbsp gram flour
1 tbsp oil

Marinate the Bee with all the ingredients and keep for 1/2 an hour.

Heat some oil in a pan, and roast the gram flour until its brown and gives off a nice aroma
Then, add the marinated stuff and cook until the gram flour nicely coats the Bee pieces and looks edible :)
I've also made paneer in the same way, and its yumm too..
-Naina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape