Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eggless Dark Chocolate Wheat Cake




Reached home yesterday, to find that the dinner was already made by my mom in law, and I had almost an hour to spare, so went through the bunch of print outs I tag along, and found this one from Veggie's Cookbook ..

Ingredients
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I took heaped)
1/4 cup All purpose flour (I took heaped)
1 cup sugar (Took a bit less than 1 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp canola oil (just took the regular cooking oil, which is odourless)
1-2 tsp milk powder (didnt have milk at home :))
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cold tap water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
Method:
Sift whole wheat flour+all purpose flour+baking powder+baking soda.
Add all the remaining ingredients and enough water and mix into a smooth mixture with no lumps. The batter should be of the consistency of dosa batter. Whisk till you see some small bubbles on the top layer of the mixture. Grease a baking tray and pour the batter.
I baked for 25 mins in a preheated oven at 180 C. (To check, try the toothpick test)
It was nice, dark and yummy.. and you can't say its wheat cake :)












-Naina
P.S: My Victoria Sponge Cake vanished very soon.. will make it again as hubby loved it :)

1 comment:

  1. I tried this cake and believe me it was so yummy! So easy to make and so very delicious ! Thanks Naina ! My cake to disappeared in a few mins!
    - Soumyaa

    ReplyDelete

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape