Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Khaman Dhokla

Tried this out today morning.. Was just inspired by the Khaman Dhokla for the Indian Cooking Challenge

Basically.. I didn't take a print of the recipe.. so just took 2 bowls of besan, added 4 spoons curd, enough water, and salt to taste. I also added chopped chillies and some mustard seeds to the batter itself.. Did this the night before and kept it in the fridge.. cos I wouldn't manage to pack it for my husband's tiffin in case I did everything in the morning..
In the morning, just added 1 tsp eno to this, and put it in a greased microwaveable dish..
Microwaved for 7-10 mins, and tempered with mustard seeds and hing on cooling!!
Came out reasonably good for the first try at khaman dhokla, but forgot to take a pic..
(Would have been better steaming the conventional way on the gas.. )
-Naina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape