Sunday, September 6, 2009

Karela Raita

One of the most Awaited Recipe:)

We prepare it every year on Rishi panchami(day following Ganesh chaturthi) as one of the side dishes in the ingredients of the offering to god.It was a traditional recipe given by my Grandma to my Mom when mom got married.I think my Grandma's Mom in law (my Great Grandma)must have given it to her.So really don't know its origin .But it is one of those typical recipes made in Maharashtrian Goud Saraswat Brahmin homes on Rishi panchami day


Ingredients
1 karela(bitter gourd)
Gud(jaggery)
Grated coconut
Red chilly powder
Curd
Salt



Roast the Karela on a Flame for 5-10 mins.Now once its well roasted remove the seeds and peel the black roasted skin.Clean with cold water till the black skin is removed.
Now cut the Karela in small pieces.Mix Gud, grated coconut,red chilly powder and salt in it.Mix a little water and blend it in a blender till its completely a paste(like a coconut chutney).Now add the curd mix well and Serve

Trust me.. its NOT at all bitter!!

Bon Appétit
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape